Monday, September 13, 2010

Guest Post

Not by who you would think. This guest post is by Little Einstein. As part of our play-based preschool, we are encouraging Little Einstein to dictate to us so we can type. He doesn’t know how to write or read, but I believe encouraging him to let me write down things he dictates to me will encourage a desire to learn to read and write.Picture 12 “There’s lizards everywhere in the house. She’s got blue and green and there’s all that colors on that lizard. I like putting him in the basket so she can swim. I put my lizard in the basket and she can swim.”

Well, that went okay. It’s a work in progress, and a three-year-old’s attention span is limited, but we got a lot of creativity out of it! when I asked Little Einstein to tell me about his lizard, he told me that he wanted me to put a picture of the lizard on the blog, so we whipped out the webcam and now you have a picture of one of L.E.’s most prized possessions – his lizard. Then he started singing and dancing (which I should have caught on the webcam for this post, but didn’t – next time!). Then he didn’t really want to talk about the lizard because he had already danced and put a picture on the blog.

We haven’t done this in a while due to a move, but we’re picking back up on things now, so hopefully his ... stories ... will get a little more interesting. (as if they aren’t already!)

We’re headed to the library tomorrow for story time, and hopefully we’ll be able to get a library card, even though we’re only going to be here for a month. This summer has been the worst for us for library time due to some family emergencies.

Reading time is coming back full force! (we would be reading without the library – since we have a huge collection of classic children’s books, but they are all stored for the summer while we’re “in between houses” – we only have two or three with us, but the library fills in the gaps for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment