Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sensory Tubs and Big Plans

This month we have been talking about water and mountains and where water comes from, and different kinds of “water” (ice, snow, rain, etc).

We did this sensory activity with different water temperatures, and then just played in the water. It reminded me of Allison’s sensory tubs over at No Time for Flash Cards. I love the different tubs, and I especially love that she just stores the contents when her kids are done and pulls them out later to use again. I am excited to start making these, and will probably start doing them once a month.

Mostly I just wanted to link to her site with the sensory tubs, because I think they are SUCH a great idea, and such good slightly-parent-guided play for kids! Her son is younger than mine, but I think my son will have just as much fun playing with these tubs.

We’re going to be doing the Spring sensory tub next month for our “May Flowers” theme, along with visiting the local Conservation Garden, a local nursery, and planting some of our own wildflowers. I can’t wait for next month! I am so excited to share all the fun things we will be doing!

In the mean time, for the rest of April (only a few days left!) we will be doing some more “water” activities, including a field trip to the small river near our house and hopefully a hike up a mountain – not to mention a few smaller at-home play activities/crafts. I have been such a slacker this month about doing activities, but I will be better, I promise! I’m going to try to do a bunch of my planned activities in the next four days. You will know if I succeed because I will have a lot of new posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment