Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Egg Teeth

In our co-op preschool this week, I am teaching the kids about hygiene.



On Tuesday we talked about brushing our teeth. As a sort of hands on experience (without having to make sure all the kids brought a toothbrush) I made some hard boiled eggs and had the kids draw on them with crayons (they picked their favorite foods and we pretended they were eating that food while we colored the eggs).



Later we took some old toothbrushes and some toothpaste and scrubbed those "teeth". It was fun to see the kids have to work pretty hard to get the "stains" off the "teeth" - I thunk they were surprised at how much work it really took to get the "teeth" clean. It was a fun object lesson for the kids, and I think we will definitely do it again!

What are your favorite object lessons to teach good hygiene?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment